Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a dream COME true

For the past few years I have been considering looking for a new church, but taking the kids into consideration it has been hard to make the move. WHY the change you may ask? I know you aren't to be expecting your church to meet your needs, but I think the church shouldn't constantly disappoint you either. I get so frustrated with the "old"way people think that it affects my outlook on the church as a whole - specifically this church I am currently attending. The majority of the people aren't open to ANY change at all, bc tehy like it the way it is. I guess they figure if it ain't broke don't fix it??? What they don't see is that it IS broken.
Also the location is FAR. Not as far as my work, but far enough where it gets to be a hassle to drive there.

So I have been looking at churches close to home AGAIN. I googled churches in the area and have "narrowed" it down to 2 -Crossbridge Church and Sugar Land Family Church. Both non denominational. Now if any of you know of some others I should check out, be my guest and let me know. You may also wonder how I picked these. After googling, I looked for the Children's Ministry info. Although I think my growth greatly influences my children's, I don't want them to be somewhere they can't be happy as children.

IF i ever get around to looking I think it'd be hard to leave. Last week in SS we talked about burden's God has put on our hearts. I think I have a burden to work with the children, but don't know how it would be in a new setting. And I have been going to my current church for 28 YEARS! They really my family. But like others who have left, they have managed to stay in touch with people they left behind. There is a group of students who will be graduating next year that I am really attached to. For some reason I feel the need to see them off into adulthood. I was really hoping to find a Chinese church to visit, but mostof the ones I looked up were too chinese-y. I want my kids to hang on to their heritage, so I guess I might have to find a new way to do that.
I'll just keep praying about all of this and wait for God's revelation.

1 comment:

Mitzi and Jerry said...

It took me a while to understand the title to this blog, but NOW I get it! Very good to hear about the life of mommapao. And think of all other readers who get to benefit as well. Now if we could only get you on skype...